Monday, February 15, 2010

Response to Sarah's Blog-Snow Yuck

I responded to Sarah's blog http://sarahjg2287.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-think-we-have-got-it-all-wrong.html about depression and winters in Chicago. I think winter is definitely linked to the attitude of many Chicagoans in the winter, Is everyone a crab or what???? So I love Chicago, the club scene, lights, downtown, the robust behavior of the city. However, now after 24 years of dealing with winters, snow, power outages, and being trapped indoors for long periods of time, I have decided to move west and relocate. THe main thing that has attracted me to Las Vegas, Nevada has been the weather. Don't get me wrong Chicago has a lively nightlife, but who wants to wear heels when there is slush on the ground??? I love hot weather and the sun makes me happy so why not have hot weather all year round. In the summer time that is when all the fun happens-barbeques, swim parties, walking around all night downtown, these are things I am looking to enjoy all year round not just for one season. Also I would save money on coats, winter gear, and my car would have less corrosion from all the salt. I have tons of reason why I love Chicago, but the main downfall that would scare anyone away is the snow. I love Chicago and I always will but for now I am going for fun in the sun, not snow, gloves, and boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment