Friday, February 26, 2010

Class Is Coming To An End

This seven weeks flew by faster than I expected. Already I have two weeks til I board my plane and start my new life in Las Vegas, Nevada. I am glad we did blogging in this class. Blogging has helped me understand other people's perspective, being able to express my own, and having the ability to communicate with classmates that I can not "see". Over the last few weeks, we have explored topics from interracial couples to snow in Chicago. I have found these topics not only interesting, but I am glad that many young people have a voice and want to make our society and country a better place. Being able to talk with other young people has been invigorating because a lot of young people do not care about a lot of issues that a rise in this society.

I am glad this class is almost over not because I did not enjoy the blogging, and taboo topics but because I am ready to embark on my new life in Nevada. Being able to finish this class does give me relief so I can put all my effort into finding a new job, and establishing myself. I must say a part of me is scared because I come from a large family and I am used to always having one of my brothers or cousins around to hang out with. Now I will be alone and will have to make decisions for myself knowing my family is thousands of miles away, but I am up for the challenge. I know my journey will be pleasant and I look forward to all the goods and the bads. I think I may continue my schooling in the fall after this semester is over, but I may attend summer school, who knows??? I am glad I had the opportunity to embark on many topics in this class and I am glad that I had the chance to do blogging.

In two weeks, I will be in a new state, with a new sense of self. I am excited but as the days tick down the butterflies and the unknown fills me with anxiety. I question if I should continue blogging and I probably will. Well until that time farewell to all and good luck with everything. This has been quite an experience and I truly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment